Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2022/02/23 15:32:55 UTC

Remove openejb-axis in TomEE 9.x

Hi all,

Trying to move forward with TomEE 9.x

We do have a pretty old openejb-axis. We don't use it by default because we
use CXF. It's used mainly for JAX-RPC which is out of the landscape for EE
9, so I'm tempted to remove it.

Any thoughts?

Wze have more deep dependencies to javax.xml.rpc and it might become harder
to solve.

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: Remove openejb-axis in TomEE 9.x

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
In my branch I removed it to simplify migration work and removed all
integration code to support JAX-RPC.
It's took a bit of time, but did not look like work to throw away
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro
http://www.tomitribe.com