Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Douglas Nelson <it...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/13 00:18:56 UTC

Enabling basic access authentication

With marathon you can enable basic access authentication to the WebUI with
the flag --http_credentials.

I expected something similar with the flag --authenticate_http in mesos but
when I hit the WebUI I'm not prompted to give a username/pass. Is that
feature not included in mesos or is there a different configuration I need
to set?

Thanks!

Re: Enabling basic access authentication

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
We separated out the default authentication mode for read only (default: no
authn) and read-write (default: authn) endpoints. Since the webui only
depends on the read-only endpoints you need to explicitly enable authn for
read-only endpoints if you need authn. See
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/docs/upgrades.md for more
details.

Posted by Douglas Nelson <it...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Douglas Nelson <it...@gmail.com>.