Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2008/05/19 02:56:52 UTC

Maven problems building latest HEAD?

Fresh checkout of synapse, "mvn clean install", and:

-----
GroupId: org.apache.qpid
ArtifactId: qpid
Version: 1.0-incubating-M3-615355

   org.apache.qpid:qpid:pom:1.0-incubating-M3-615355

from the specified remote repositories:
   wso2-m2 (http://dist.wso2.org/maven2/),
   apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
   apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/)
-----

Is something up with my system, or have you guys all built qpid locally?

Why are there two apache[.-]snapshots repositories in the pom?  One with
a trailing slash and one without?

I don't have time to dig too deeply into this right now, alas.  Please
let me know if you have a clue what's up.

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: Maven problems building latest HEAD?

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.
Quoting "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>:
> Something wrong with your system, .. the qpid JARs were provided by
> Rajith, and they are uploaded to the wso2 repo

Note that the artifact
org.apache.qpid:qpid:pom:1.0-incubating-M3-615355 (the parent POM for
qpid-commond and qpid-client) has NOT been uploaded into the WSO2
repo, but is still available from the Apache snapshot repository.

Andreas

Re: Maven problems building latest HEAD?

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Glen
>> I just did a fresh checkout of the trunk into a remote unix server in
>> the US, and used a brand new M2 repo and built everything fine
>> (ofcourse on Linux ;-) )
>
> OK, I just tried deleting my entire .m2/ and rebuilding, at which
> point it worked.  I really hate Maven sometimes.  At least with
> straight ahead lib/ directories and classpath wrangling you knew what
> was going on... ;)
Probably this was caused by a corrupted file (or files) on maven..
usually when its downloading some artifact, if the connection breaks
these problems can happen.. anyway, glad to see that you got everything
sorted out..

asankha

Re: Maven problems building latest HEAD?

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Asankha:

Asankha C. Perera wrote:
>> Fresh checkout of synapse, "mvn clean install", and:
> Whats your mvn version?

Was using 2.0.9, switched to 2.0.8, same result, very repeatable.  Still
failed exactly the same way with or without -U option and even after I
rm -rf'ed repository/org/apache/qpid.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Glen
> Fresh checkout of synapse, "mvn clean install", and:
Whats your mvn version?
> Is something up with my system, or have you guys all built qpid locally?
Something wrong with your system, .. the qpid JARs were provided by
Rajith, and they are uploaded to the wso2 repo

I just did a fresh checkout of the trunk into a remote unix server in
the US, and used a brand new M2 repo and built everything fine (ofcourse
on Linux ;-) )

I use mvn 2.0.6 or 2.0.8 with JDK 1.5.0_14

asankha