Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/26 15:57:52 UTC

livy LDAP authentication

I have a HDP 2.6 cluster which uses knox as gateway and LDAP for
authentication. I enabled livy via knox. Can livy authenticate the callers
using LDAP?

https://github.com/apache/incubator-livy/pull/20 shows it is still in
progress.

If livy cannot use LDAP, what authentication mechanism can be used instead?
Thanks very much for any hints.

Re: livy LDAP authentication

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Hi Lian -

I believe Livy does kerberos authentication and also leverages a doas user
in the request to determine the effective user.

HTH,

--larry