Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/20 20:26:13 UTC

Graduation Vote Has Concluded, and...

For those of you not on the Incubator general list, our graduation vote has
passed!  We got 10 votes total, all binding and all in favor.  The next ASF
board meeting is on Dec 16; the next step is for the decision to get
ratified at that board meeting.

Mentors, is there anything we should be doing in the next 4 weeks to prepare
for graduation?

-T

Re: Graduation Vote Has Concluded, and...

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For those of you not on the Incubator general list, our graduation vote has
> passed!  We got 10 votes total, all binding and all in favor.  The next ASF
> board meeting is on Dec 16; the next step is for the decision to get
> ratified at that board meeting.
>
> Mentors, is there anything we should be doing in the next 4 weeks to prepare
> for graduation?

Follow the graduation guide's post-graduation list and see if you can
do stuff already, i.e. update the status page, prepare some sort of
public statement (don't publish it yet!) about graduating (perhaps
talk with Press and marketing VP Sally about a release), cool some
champagne, train your livers, read up on where stuff is/resides,
become a moderator for the mailing lists, read up on ML moderation,
read about PMC responsibilities, etc.

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#project-first-steps

There's stuff to learn, stuff to do, and stuff to prepare.

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.0

Re: Graduation Vote Has Concluded, and...

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Niclas and Martijn!  I'm trying to get the site SVN to a stable
point, and then Thursday is Thanksgiving here in America, but after that, I
plan to jump on this stuff.

-T

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er