Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com> on 2018/01/22 17:59:42 UTC

Re: Sentry's future path

I don't know the current status of RecordServices and what path is taking,
but as far as I know, RecordServices won't be a replacement for Sentry in
the near or long future. Sentry will continue being the security point for
storing and requesting user privileges for databases and other generic
models, and RecordServices might be just a client which might request its
permissions from Sentry as well.

So no worries about the path RecordServices take, Sentry will still be
breathing for more years.