Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Se...@london.sema.slb.com> on 2003/12/19 13:43:18 UTC

Gump build changes

I've changed the Gump builds so that the jakarta-jmeter module now builds as
3 separate phases (projects in Gump terminology):

build (and save jars)
test
javadoc

There are 3 new gump-<name> targets in build.xml to support this, and the
Gump module definition has also been updated.

Unfortunately I made an error in the test and javadoc sections of the Gump
definition, but this has now been corrected and the test and javadoc phases
should start working again soon (I'll monitor this over the weekend).

This was done after following various discussions on the Gump mailing list.
It reduces the amount of work performed in each phase, and allows for
flexibility in future.

Overall, the same work is performed (except that I dropped the docs-site
part, as it isn't essential).

The downside is that one needs to check 3 separate logs, but with the
Python-Gump builds they all appear on the module page, e.g.
http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-jmeter/index.html

I'll add a set of links to the Wiki to make it easy to find all the Gump
status pages.

Hope that's OK with you all.

--
Sebastian Bazley