Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk> on 2008/09/24 15:21:37 UTC

Upgrade issues with 5.0.15

We've just tried to upgrade our project from 5.0.14 to the new 5.0.15 release of Tapestry and have discovered a couple of problems.

1)      Our custom binding 'fmtmessage' stops working with .15, the 'fmt' part is ignored and the standard 'message' prefix is used with the output prefixed with 'fmt'.

2)      Our custom XhtmlMarkupWriterFactoryImpl to enforce valid XHtml output also seems to have stopped working.

Anyone else had these issues with 5.0.15?

They are configured like this in our module:

public static void contributeAlias(Configuration<AliasContribution> configuration, @InjectService("XhtmlMarkupWriterFactory") MarkupWriterFactory factory)
{
      configuration.add(AliasContribution.create(MarkupWriterFactory.class, factory));
}

public static void bind(ServiceBinder binder)
{
      binder.bind(MarkupWriterFactory.class, XhtmlMarkupWriterFactoryImpl.class).withId("XhtmlMarkupWriterFactory");
}

public static void contributeBindingSource(MappedConfiguration<String, BindingFactory> configuration, BindingSource bindingSource)
{
      configuration.add("fmtmessage", new FormatMessageBindingFactory(bindingSource));
}

RE: Upgrade issues with 5.0.15

Posted by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk>.
Thanks for the quick reply Howard. I mis-described problem one, it's not the prefix itself but a secondary prefix that we have added to switch the output to raw. This is so we don't need hundreds of outputraw components and is detected & used in our custom markup model.

This is where the problem arose, you've changed the signature of the encode() method in the MarkupModel interface. I was overriding the old one, which you've left in DefaultMarkupModel so I didn't get any compile errors. (although it doesn't seem to be used any more)

So, now I'm overriding the new method everything seems to be working okay now. I'm still not sure why our custom markup model wasn't being used - something was going wrong with our build I think, but by the time I was looking into it in more detail it was fixed. Thanks for your help.

Re: Upgrade issues with 5.0.15

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship