Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Andreas Kollegger <ak...@tembopublic.org> on 2010/01/05 23:14:38 UTC

Karaf command injection

Hi all,

I'd like to add some shell commands to interact with my registered services. Much like adding
a web UI, I intend to put the commands in a separate, optional bundle.

The Karaf guide has a nice page[1] on adding console commands. It uses Blueprint to register the
command, which is fine except that it isn't clear to me how to use Blueprint to inject references to
the services for which I'm providing a text UI. Is there a reference somewhere for that?

Alternatively, I'd use Peaberry to inject the dependencies and register the command. Looking at the
example command during runtime I only see a BlueprintContainer service for the bundle.

Is there non-blueprint way to register a command?

Thanks,
Andreas

[1] http://felix.apache.org/site/61-extending-the-console.html

Re: Karaf command injection