Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2007/04/01 16:56:46 UTC

Re: What is the Java Version for building source code?

Jason Dillon wrote:
> Please give me the *full* output of 'mvn -X'.
>
> The output below does not sync up with the debug output of the latest
> maven-enforcer-plugin, which does log some more details about the
> version translation which is done to sanitize the JDK version before
> checking if it is in range.

The full output is 658 Kb so I put it here:
http://protocol7.com/tmp/build.zip

Before running this, I also tried forcing a plugin update with mvn -cpu
test but with no progress.

/niklas

Re: What is the Java Version for building source code?

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Jason Dillon wrote:
> I've no idea why you are not picking up newer versions.  Try to remove
> ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin.

That most certainly did the trick. I should have thought of that myself,
thanks for enduring!

/niklas

Re: What is the Java Version for building source code?

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
This is what I see when I run mvn -X on server/trunk:

<snip>
[DEBUG] maven-enforcer-plugin: resolved to version 1.0-
alpha-1-20070330.225649-12 from repository apache-snapshots
[DEBUG] Configuring mojo 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-
plugin:1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT:enforce' -->
[DEBUG]   (s) fail = true
[DEBUG]   (s) failFast = false
[DEBUG]   (s) version = [1.5,1.6)
[DEBUG]   (s) version = [2.0.5,)
[DEBUG]   (s) rules =
[Lorg.apache.maven.shared.enforcer.rule.api.EnforcerRule;@37c77b
[DEBUG]   (s) session = org.apache.maven.execution.MavenSession@b81d10
[DEBUG]   (s) skip = false
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: default}]
[DEBUG] Executing rule: RequireJavaVersion
[DEBUG] Detected Java String: 1.5.0_07
[DEBUG] Normalized Java String: 1.5.0-7
[DEBUG] Parsed Version: Major: 1 Minor: 5 Incremental: 0 Build: 7
Qualifier: null
[INFO] Detected JDK Version: 1.5.0-7 is allowed in the range [1.5,1.6).
[DEBUG] Executing rule: RequireMavenVersion
[DEBUG] Detected Maven Version: 2.0.5
[INFO] Detected Maven Version: 2.0.5 is allowed in the range [2.0.5,).
</snip>

I've no idea why you are not picking up newer versions.  Try to
remove ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin.

--jason