Posted to utenti-it@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2013/02/09 11:28:21 UTC

[utenti-it] Estensioni (non OXT) obsolete in OpenOffice 4.0

Le estensioni (nel senso di componenti aggiuntivi) per OpenOffice si
possono da anni distribuire come pacchetti in formato OXT. A partire da
OpenOffice 4.0 i vecchi modi (file XCU, ad esempio) saranno considerati
obsoleti: continueranno a funzionare ma potranno essere non piu'
supportati in versioni successive. Quindi se usate ancora queste vecchie
snippet/estensioni convertitele in OXT. Qui sotto la comunicazione dalla
mailing list internazionale.
Ciao,
   Andrea.

   ---
[EXTENSIONS]: proposal to deprecate all extension snippets that are not
packaged as oxt
Wed, 06 Feb 2013 17:04:15 +0100
From: Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org

Hi,

currently we can deploy many extension snippets, for example we can
deploy single xcu files, single jars, etc. All the single deploy units
that typically are packaged today in an oxt file with some further meta
data.

On the way to a cleaner and less complex extension deployment process I
propose to *deprecate* everything that is no oxt package with AOO 4.0.
That means that everything will still work but we will potentially
change it in the future.

In consequence of this users have to package every single deploy unit in
an oxt. Ideally with a description and all the nice possible meta
information that makes a good packaged oxt much more user friendly.

Any opinions?

Juergen