Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Dominik Przybysz <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/05 17:18:10 UTC

OSGi and JMS

Hi,
Messaging is `must have` in microservices world, so...
Is there any framework for using JMS (or AMQP) with OSGi?
Do you think we should create something like jms-whiteboard in aries?

--
Pozdrawiam / Regards,
Dominik Przybysz

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I agree.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Dominik Przybysz <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Pozdrawiam / Regards,
Dominik Przybysz

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
My starting point was actually the camel pojo messaging. I like the way
camel can abstract away the messaging handling. The problem with camel
though is that the user
code needs a dependency to camel and it also needs to setup camel. This
is where we need something in between.

Like Dominik wrote a whiteboard approach could help with receiving
messages and a sender could be injected.

We need to make sure the the user code only needs to depend on a very
small API for this. Then behind it we can use camel to implement the
actual sending and receiving but we can then also
use other implementations.

In my example I experimented with possible ways to define this API.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Dominik Przybysz <al...@gmail.com>.
Hmm,

--
Pozdrawiam / Regards,
Dominik Przybysz

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I am also very interested in some good async communication mechanism for
OSGi. It would be great to have something like in RSA where you can plug in
transports.

Christian

> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Dominik Przybysz <al...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > RFC looks great, especially `The solution MUST allow the sending of
> > asynchronous messages to remote recipients.`
> >
> > But I do not see anything connected with sending events between VMs in
> > Specification Draft or in aries repo
> > https://github.com/apache/aries/tree/trunk/pushstream ... Does it work
> > only
> > on one VM?
> >

> Hmm... This is where Tim Ward would be better qualified to answer. I can't
> remember if in his demos he paired it with Async/RSA or some other
> remoting...
>
> @Tim?
>
> - Ray

> > > Oh, and the Push Stream Spec - Chapter 706 is included in the public
> > review
> > > draft [1]
> > >
> > > [1] https://osgi.org/download/osgi.enterprise-7.0.0-early-
> > > draft-2017-03.pdf

> OSGi
> > > CT
> also

> what

> alien11689@gmail.com

> in

> > new

> JMS
> > > and

> > alien11689@gmail.com>
> > > aries?

> > > --
> > > *Raymond Augé* <http://www.liferay.com/web/raymond.auge/profile>
> > >  (@rotty3000)
> > > Senior Software Architect *Liferay, Inc.* <http://www.liferay.com>
> > >  (@Liferay)
> > > Board Member & EEG Co-Chair, OSGi Alliance <http://osgi.org>
> > > (@OSGiAlliance)
> > >

> > --
> > Pozdrawiam / Regards,
> > Dominik Przybysz
> >

> --
> *Raymond Augé* <http://www.liferay.com/web/raymond.auge/profile>
>  (@rotty3000)
> Senior Software Architect *Liferay, Inc.* <http://www.liferay.com>
>  (@Liferay)
> Board Member & EEG Co-Chair, OSGi Alliance <http://osgi.org>
> (@OSGiAlliance)

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com
<https://owa.talend.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=3aa4083e0c744ae1ba52bd062c5a7e46&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.talend.com>

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Dominik Przybysz <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Pozdrawiam / Regards,
Dominik Przybysz

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Dominik Przybysz <al...@gmail.com>.

--
Pozdrawiam / Regards,
Dominik Przybysz

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Dominik Przybysz <al...@gmail.com>.
Yeah,

--
Pozdrawiam / Regards,
Dominik Przybysz

Re: OSGi and JMS

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
Have you considered Apache Aries Push Stream [1], an implementation of RFC
216 [2].

It's super cool!

- Ray

[1]