Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/02 19:42:16 UTC

Wrong m3 bval dep?

Hi everybody

Last m3 depends on  a phantom bval release breaking dependency management
it seems.

Was it identified/communicated?

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Thx

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
This repo is no more available btw
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1134/

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Build is back to green

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Thanks David.

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by David Blevins <db...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Pushed

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
First step would be to get the build passing again.  There are failures which are not related to bean validation.

Once those are fixed and our build is green again, I'll do the work to disable the feature I added that needs a modified BVal.  I hesitate to do it now because the build isn't passing now for unrelated reasons and disabling and changing the BVal version won't fix it.

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Just looked at it today.
Looks like the build has

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.tomee.patch</groupId>
  <artifactId>bval-jsr</artifactId>
  <version>2.0.2-69c36fa8-1</version>
</dependency>

But available from maven central is
[image: image.png]

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
We definitely can, I'll just need to rewrite the JWT Validation code.

I have an idea on how to do it, it's just time -- Jakarta EE 8 is getting released right now and chewing up all the cycles.

Re: Wrong m3 bval dep?

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.