Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Pradheep Shanmugam <Pr...@infor.com> on 2017/03/07 17:33:50 UTC

phoenix client config and memory

Hi,

  1.  When using phoenix thick client(4.4.0) at the application, where does the client hbase-site.xml reside..I don’t see one? Or does it pull the hbase-site.xml from the server before starting up?I do see the phoenix query time out set in the server side habse-site though it is client setting.
  2.  When using phoenix thick client,  does the client need extra memory to be allocated in general to run the queries and when it does operations like client merge sort. With mutiple such queries runnign at the same time?

Thanks,
Pradheep

Re: phoenix client config and memory

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
You can create multiple copies of hbase-site.xml if you need to set
different values for client-server. There is no single way to do this.

Ambari does not differentiate between hbase-site.xml for clients or for
servers. It creates a single copy (along with the other HBase
configuration files) in /etc/hbase/conf.

Again, the configuration which is used is solely based on how *you*
configure the classpath of your application.

Posted by Pradheep Shanmugam <Pr...@infor.com>.
Hi Josh,

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sergey Soldatov <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
You may specify HBase config by setting HBASE_CONF_DIR env variable. Or
just put the directory that has it in the classpath. If no hbase-site.xml
found, the default values will be used.
As for the memory, it really depends on the usage scenario. If you have
large tables with thousands of regions it may come that you want to
increase the number of working threads and of course in this case the
driver will require more memory.

Thanks,
Sergey