Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mansour <ms...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/10 23:33:44 UTC

Help in Understanding Apache Filter

Hi
I’m working in master project and I need to write an apache filter in this project.

I want to understand how to write a filter in apache, I read tens of tutorials and books and I did not find any thing simple and clear, I got confused!

For now I need a simple tutorial on how I can write a simple apache filter? Let say the filter is an output filter that will inject a text to the output. Also, I don’t prefer to use mod_perl in the filter.

How I can write this filter? How I can compile it? Is apxs will work to configure the filter?

Do you know a good tutorial that will help me in understanding how to write filter for apache? Or can any one help me with that?

I learned how to write a handler, but I didn't understand how I can make the filter work.

Thanks

Re: Help in Understanding Apache Filter

Posted by Guenter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Mansour schrieb:
> I’m working in master project and I need to write an apache filter in
> this project.
>
> I want to understand how to write a filter in apache, I read tens of
> tutorials and books and I did not find any thing simple and clear, I got
> confused!
>
> For now I need a simple tutorial on how I can write a simple apache
> filter? Let say the filter is an output filter that will inject a text
> to the output. Also, I don’t prefer to use mod_perl in the filter.
>
> How I can write this filter? How I can compile it? Is apxs will work to
> configure the filter?
>
> Do you know a good tutorial that will help me in understanding how to
> write filter for apache? Or can any one help me with that?
>
> I learned how to write a handler, but I didn't understand how I can make
> the filter work.
have you also read throw the httpd manual?
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/filter.html

perhaps take a look at mod_substitute docu and its source:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_substitute.html

maybe this docu is also helpful:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_filter.html

two other small filter modules are in ./modules/experimental ...

Günter.

Re: Help in Understanding Apache Filter

Posted by Guenter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Mansour schrieb:
> Do you know a good tutorial that will help me in understanding how to
> write filter for apache? Or can any one help me with that?
or take a look here:
http://onlamp.com/pub/ct/38

Günter.