Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Gauri Padbidri <gp...@genius-minds.com> on 2016/09/05 07:17:46 UTC

Kafka related queries

Hi All,

I am very new to Kafka. I am still on the verge of deciding the platform to
choose between Kafka and Kinesis for our requirement. Also it may take me
more time to come up with a full proof answer, hence thought of
parallelizing my search. Following are a few queries around Kafka :

.         Does Kafka support sending Streaming Records over raw TCP ?

.      Does Kafka expect the packet to be BASE 64 encoded ?

.      How much egress and ingress capacity does Kafka support per Partition
?

.      We would be using Kafka for ONLY FOR Data Ingest, do read replicas
exist for Partitions and if they get replicated to other nodes in the Kafka
cluster?

Having these queries answered will help me a lot to freeze on Kafka. Look
forward to your quick response. Thanks !

Best Regards,

Gauri Padbidri

Re: Kafka related queries

Posted by Marko Bonaći <ma...@sematext.com>.
BTW regarding latency:
https://engineering.linkedin.com/kafka/benchmarking-apache-kafka-2-million-writes-second-three-cheap-machines

Marko Bonaći
Monitoring | Alerting | Anomaly Detection | Centralized Log Management
Solr & Elasticsearch Support
Sematext <http://sematext.com/> | Contact
<http://sematext.com/about/contact.html>

Re: Kafka related queries