Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/10/17 13:41:59 UTC

Re: test my auto-generated ruleset

Larry Nedry writes:
> On 8/13/07 at 4:01 PM +0100 Justin Mason wrote:
> >I've been working on a new way to auto-generate body rules recently...
>
> Are these rules restricted to Spamassassin 3.2 or newer?
>
> The following is what I get when I dig 8.1.3.sought.rules.yerp.org.  Notice
> the NXDOMAIN.

No, they should work on 3.1.x -- but in 3.2.x, they work a lot better
since they are compiled into C with "sa-compile".

I've fixed the backend to generate sa-update data for
*.1.3.sought.rules.yerp.org as well.

--j.

Posted by Larry Nedry <sp...@bluestreak.net>.
I've been using Justin Mason's auto-generated rule set since mid October
and am fairly happy with it.  Up until Jan 11, false positives averaged
about 10% of the hits and I can live with that.

I noticed a surprising change on Jan 11, 2008.  Before that day many of the
hits were on low scoring (< 20) spam which was very helpful.  And I would
see many of these every day.  Since Jan 10 I've only seen 4 messages that
hit on low scoring spam and the rest on very high scoring spam.  I don't
get anymore FPs but as the spam scores for these messages are already
through the roof, at the moment, the usefulness of the current rule sets
have diminished.  Though I assume the methods for creating the rules are
still under development and am looking forward to more improvements.

Was there a big change in the way rules were created around that time period?

Thanks for the great work!

Nedry

Re: test my auto-generated ruleset