Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Behl <je...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/17 10:28:52 UTC

[users@httpd] make mod_cache ignore the query string?

running apache 2.2.x, i'm knocking my head against the table trying to
get mod_cache to ignore the query string in a URL, such that :

http://somedomain.comm/asdf.swf?aaaaaaaaaa
http://somedomain.comm/asdf.swf?bbbbbbbbbb

will only generate a single cache entry.  i've tried using
mod_rewrite to strip the query string off, but even with the
pass-through flag set, mod_cache seems to get first dibbs and generate
a separate cache entry.  i suppose i could layer two apache servers
together, with one doing a proxy to the other, and that one sending to
the origin, but i'd rather not if possible.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] make mod_cache ignore the query string?

Posted by Steve Swift <st...@gmail.com>.
This is probably impossible on principle, as the two URL's could be expected
to generate different results.

On 17/10/06, Jeff Behl <je...@gmail.com> wrote:

> running apache 2.2.x, i'm knocking my head against the table trying to
> get mod_cache to ignore the query string in a URL, such that :
>
> http://somedomain.comm/asdf.swf?aaaaaaaaaa
> http://somedomain.comm/asdf.swf?bbbbbbbbbb
>
> will only generate a single cache entry.  i've tried using
> mod_rewrite to strip the query string off, but even with the
> pass-through flag set, mod_cache seems to get first dibbs and generate
> a separate cache entry.  i suppose i could layer two apache servers
> together, with one doing a proxy to the other, and that one sending to
> the origin, but i'd rather not if possible.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> thanks.

Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk