Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by David Delgranche <dd...@silicom.fr> on 2000/12/20 11:01:23 UTC

Problem with Redirect Extension

Hi,

I'm using redirect extension of xalan on a xml schema. I would like
dependng of the tag I meet outputting on a specific file.

I use the redirect fonction and I have the following error:

XSL Error: Redirect extension: Could not get filename - file or select
attribute must return vald string., style tree node:
org.apache.xalan.xslt.ElemExtensionCall@40857281, source tree node:
xsd:element
Call to extension function failed: method call/new failed:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException target exception:
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException:
[...]

My XSLT code is the following:

<redirect:write select="permanenteTable.xml">
<xsl:element name="table">
	<xsl:attribute name="name">lib_<xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
	</xsl:attribute>&nbsp;
	<xsl:element name="column">
		<xsl:attribute name="name">id</xsl:attribute>
		<xsl:attribute name="type">integer</xsl:attribute>&nbsp;
		<xsl:element name="primaryKey"/>&nbsp;
	</xsl:element>&nbsp;

<xsl:for-each
select="xsd:complexType/xsd:element/xsd:complexType/xsd:attribute[@type!='xsd:ID']">
	<xsl:call-template name="attribut"/>
</xsl:for-each>&nbsp;
<xsl:for-each
select="xsd:complexType/xsd:element/xsd:complexType/xsd:element[@maxOccurs='1'and
@type!='xsd:ID']">
	<xsl:call-template name="attribut"/>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:element>
</redirect:write>

Can anyone help me? I'm really in a urge....
--
David DELGRANCHE - ddelgranche@silicom.fr
Silicom RĂ©gion Ouest

Re: Problem with Redirect Extension

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
David Delgranche wrote:
> I'm using redirect extension of xalan on a xml schema. I would like
> dependng of the tag I meet outputting on a specific file.
> My XSLT code is the following:
> <redirect:write select="permanenteTable.xml">
> Can anyone help me? I'm really in a urge....

The select attribute takes an XPath expression, not a String.  Try:

  <redirect:write select="'permanenteTable.xml'">

HTH,
Gary