Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Meyer <mi...@netcetera.ch> on 2009/01/05 16:01:46 UTC

Execution order of packaging and plugins?

Hi,
is the execution order of packaging and plugins defined?

I'm creating an ear file with the maven-ear-plugin
(<packaging>ear</packaging>). Now I need to "patch" the ear file with
the maven-antrun-plugin while still in the "packaging" phase.

Can I be sure that the maven-ear-plugin runs before the
maven-antrun-plugin or is this just coincidence?

Cheers michael

Re: Execution order of packaging and plugins?

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
You can't do that unfortunately. There is a prepare-package phase in the
next major release of Maven which will address this issue.

What you can do however is link your antrun plugin to the verify phase,
update it and repackage it at the same location.

Cheers,
Stéphane

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Michael Meyer <mi...@netcetera.ch>wrote:

> Hi,
> is the execution order of packaging and plugins defined?
>
> I'm creating an ear file with the maven-ear-plugin
> (<packaging>ear</packaging>). Now I need to "patch" the ear file with the
> maven-antrun-plugin while still in the "packaging" phase.
>
> Can I be sure that the maven-ear-plugin runs before the maven-antrun-plugin
> or is this just coincidence?
>
> Cheers michael

Large Systems Suck: This rule is 100% transitive. If you build one, you
suck" -- S.Yegge