Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Siroky <ml...@dasir.net> on 2006/11/14 11:47:42 UTC

"unlearnable" spam

Hi!

I'm dealing last days with a very strange spam. It is about stocks. It
always contains a 4-letter company mark, some price estimations and the
sender always starts with "debora". The text for each company is not
changing but if I put those mails through sa-learn it makes no
difference. Each mail earns only 4-6 points max. My SA is 3.1.4, Debian
testing. Any advices?

Thank you.

David

Re: "unlearnable" spam

Posted by Martin Hepworth <ma...@solidstatelogic.com>.
David Siroky wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm dealing last days with a very strange spam. It is about stocks. It
> always contains a 4-letter company mark, some price estimations and the
> sender always starts with "debora". The text for each company is not
> changing but if I put those mails through sa-learn it makes no
> difference. Each mail earns only 4-6 points max. My SA is 3.1.4, Debian
> testing. Any advices?
>
> Thank you.
>
> David

Look at the SARE stocks ruleset from www.rulesemporium.com, this (and
the other SARE rules) are very useful at catching this stuff...

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.

Re: "unlearnable" spam

Posted by John Rudd <jr...@ucsc.edu>.
David Siroky wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm dealing last days with a very strange spam. It is about stocks. It
> always contains a 4-letter company mark, some price estimations and the
> sender always starts with "debora". The text for each company is not
> changing but if I put those mails through sa-learn it makes no
> difference. Each mail earns only 4-6 points max. My SA is 3.1.4, Debian
> testing. Any advices?

So far, for me, RelayChecker has caught every one of the "debora" messages.

Check the mailing list archives, I just made another release of
RelayChecker a day or two ago.