Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by aa...@ascentialsoftware.com on 2001/10/05 17:59:59 UTC

Can anyone please help with a log file issue?

Hello,

I have been looking for several days to find information on the way that
tomcat handles log files. The user guide says that if you set the home
attribute of the Context Manager to a fully qualified path, that the logs/
, conf/ , webapps/ and work/ directories will be relative to the path you
set in the context. I did this, and used the -f option when starting tomcat
to point to the server.xml file in my new conf directory.

Tomcat does run, and the generated conf files go to the specified paths and
it reads the webapps from the specified path. However, the log files like
jasper.log, tomcat.log, servlet.log still go into $TOMCAT_HOME/logs. Why does
this happen? Is this a known bug, because I have searched everywhere and
cannot find any information on this. Please help !!

Thank you in advance,

Aaron
aaron.titus@ascentialsoftware.com