Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Doug Davis <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/11/01 17:51:34 UTC

Re: chunking

Another chunking question...turning "allowChunking" off
seems to not only turn off tomcat's chunking but it also
makes it so that if I want to do chunking myself (ie. set
the header and chunk the data manually) tomcat seems
to remove my Transfer-Encoding header.  Shouldn't it
just ignore it - and allow me to chunk manually?
-Dug

"Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@us.ibm.com> on 10/29/2001
12:49:42 PM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>

Sent by:  <cr...@us.ibm.com>

To:   Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  Re: chunking

Chunking is a standard feature of the HTTP/1.1 connector that is used by
default in Tomcat 4.  To turn it off, you can set the "allowChunking"
attribute on the <Connector> element to false.

For more info, see the Server Configuration docs included with Tomcat, or
look online at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/http11.html

Craig

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>