Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by David Vir <vi...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/24 17:06:50 UTC

Axis 1.4 strange characters < ....

Hello,

My name is David and i have seen that you are an experienced user of axis. I
need to connect to one Web Service that have a wsdl that i can't change.=20

I am receiving strange characters in their response:

For example:

You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at
the time you book. &#13;&#10;&#9;&#9;Bed type and smoking preferences are
not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed
&#13;&#10;&#9;&#9;for late arrival. The total charge includes all room
charges and taxes, as well as fees for access &#13;&#10;&#9;&#9;and booking.
Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will
be handled &#13;&#10;&#9;&#9;directly between you and the property.

The wsdl is RPC encoded and i can only use Axis 1.4 because Axis 2 doesn't
allow RPC encoded.=20

I don't know how to solve this problem because i receive many strange
characters....

Do you know how to solve, including some header in the stub? The stub of
axis have one method setHeader.

I have tried the following:=20

      stub.setHeader("urn:thisNamespace", "charset", "ISO-8859-1"); or
      stub.setHeader("urn:thisNamespace", "charset", "UTF-8");

And the result is the same.

Do you know how to solve?

Regards

Re: Axis 1.4 strange characters < ....

Posted by WJ Krpelan <kr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
your strange characters is standard xml-escaped characters obviously
are you doing soap-processing by hand?
Cheers Wolfgang

> My name is David and i have seen that you are an
> experienced user of axis. I
> need to connect to one Web Service that have a wsdl that i
> can't change.=20
>
> I am receiving strange characters in their response:
>
> For example:
>
> You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit
> card is charged at
> the time you book.
		Bed type and smoking