Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Nelson, Christopher" <cn...@synchrony.net> on 2000/11/28 19:37:45 UTC

SSL - results of today's chat

For those that were there, sorry I missed the end, had to step away.  It
seems like be basically concluded that URLConnection will not work for SSL
due to a bug (feature) that prevents retrieving content when the server
returns a 500 status code for faults as per the SOAP spec.  Therefore, I
will attempt to use the JSSE SSLSocket to do the SSL communication.  I don'
t think this will be difficult,  and will try to have this done by
tommorrow.  Sanjiva and Wouter, please let me know if this is correct.

Thanks,

Chris Nelson
Product Engineer
Synchrony Communications

Re: SSL - results of today's chat

Posted by nathanwray <nw...@mich.com>.

How is this progressing Chris?  I'd be happy to take a crack at it but I'd hate
to duplicate effort.

-Nathan

--
Nathan Wray