Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2018/02/18 02:56:58 UTC

Euro Symbol € by Scala

 /** A setting that defines a URL to be concatenated with source locations and show a link to source files.
   * If needed the sourcepath option can be used to exclude undesired initial part of the link to sources */
  val docsourceurl = StringSetting (
    "-doc-source-url",
    "url",
    s("A URL pattern used to link to the source file; the following variables are available: €{TPL_NAME}, €{TPL_OWNER} and respectively €{FILE_PATH}. For example, for `scala.collection.Seq`, the variables will be expanded to `Seq`, `scala.collection` and respectively `scala/collection/Seq` (without the backquotes). To obtain a relative path for €{FILE_PATH} instead of an absolute one, use the ${sourcepath.name} setting.",
    "")
  )

Does scala treat €{TPL_NAME} as a parameter substitution for TPL_NAME?

if so where would TPL_NAME be defined?
when i incorporate euro symbol € into string literal what directive to Scala to use to render €  'as is' ?

*thanks*

martin

Re: Euro Symbol € by Scala

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

________________________________
 /** A setting that defines a URL to be concatenated with source locations and show a link to source files.
   * If needed the sourcepath option can be used to exclude undesired initial part of the link to sources */
  val docsourceurl = StringSetting (
    "-doc-source-url",
    "url",
    s("A URL pattern used to link to the source file; the following variables are available: €{TPL_NAME}, €{TPL_OWNER} and respectively €{FILE_PATH}. For example, for `scala.collection.Seq`, the variables will be expanded to `Seq`, `scala.collection` and respectively `scala/collection/Seq` (without the backquotes). To obtain a relative path for €{FILE_PATH} instead of an absolute one, use the ${sourcepath.name} setting.",
    "")
  )

Does scala treat €{TPL_NAME} as a parameter substitution for TPL_NAME?

if so where would TPL_NAME be defined?
when i incorporate euro symbol € into string literal what directive to Scala to use to render €  'as is' ?

MG>to answer my question from week ago you need an escaped Unicode literal to render '€' symbol as in
MG>'\u20AC'

MG>followup scala queston has a hardcoded reference to Enum.enumOf which generates error in JDK1.8

/scala-compiler/src/main/scala/org/scalastuff/scalabeans/types/ScalaType.scala:511: value enumOf is not a member of object java.lang.Enum
[error]     else Enum.enumOf[AnyRef](mf.erasure) match {

which (JDK) implementation of java.lang.Enum contains enumOf ?
MG>thanks

*thanks*

martin