Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net> on 2002/04/06 08:33:12 UTC

Official Release: Apache 2.0.35 is now GA

It's my pleasure to announce that the Apache Software Foundation's
Apache
HTTP Server, version 2.0.35, has now been released for General
Availability.

The Apache 2.0 project has been in-the-works for nearly three years.  It
has
been a long and sometimes arduous process to reach this point.  Many,
many
people have contributed their time and effort to bring us to this point.

The HTTPD Project signed off today on the 2.0.35 release, and recommends
it
for use on production websites.  2.0.35 is now considered our best
release
and should be used in preference to all older versions (including the
1.3
series).

The Apache 2.0 series brings new features to the ASF's HTTP server:

  - higher performance over 1.3
  - multiple operational models: threaded, hybrid processes/threads, and
    specific request processing for Windows, Netware, BeOS, and OS/2
  - integrated SSL and WebDAV support
  - improved HTTP proxy support
  - I/O layering and filtering

You can find more information, and download the server, from our
website:

    http://httpd.apache.org/

On behalf of all the current and past developers, we'd like to thank all
those involved with the project, and the millions(!) of users out there.
The Apache HTTP server wouldn't enjoy its popularity without all of you!

        Sincerely,

        Greg Stein
        Director of the ASF

Re: Official Release: Apache 2.0.35 is now GA

Posted by Lewis Watson <li...@visionsix.com>.
<stunned>
wow...... I had no idea it would be available this soon, Now I feel way
behind on my reading.
</stunned>

Lewis Watson