Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sungwoo Park <gl...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/26 10:57:41 UTC

Fwd: Article on the correctness of Hive on MR3, Presto, and Impala

I have published a new article on the correctness of Hive on MR3, Presto,
and Impala:

https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/blog/2019/06/26/correctness-hivemr3-presto-impala/

Hope you enjoy reading the article.

--- Sungwoo

Re: Article on the correctness of Hive on MR3, Presto, and Impala

Posted by Sungwoo Park <gl...@gmail.com>.
I think yes -- if you would like to scrutinize the results, perhaps sorting
and conducting diff would be the best way. If you would like to test the
results quickly with a bit of uncertainty allowed, I guess comparing the
number of rows would be sufficient because two different results are
unlikely to contain the same number of rows, e.g., 440704 rows.

--- Sungwoo

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.