Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/24 16:39:50 UTC

How to validate multiple fields with the same name

Hi In my form i have 4 textfields with the same name so how do i validate
this using validation frame work. The validation for this 4 fields is, out
of 4 fields 2 fields are mandatory and no field should contain special
characters. So can this be done using validation frame work or do i have to
do custom valiation in my validate()  method inside action class.

--
Thanks And Regards,
*Muralidhar Yaragalla.

Re: How to validate multiple fields with the same name

Posted by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi thanks for this. It is really helpful.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM, Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>wrote:

> 2013/3/25 Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi Thanks for this.But i am aware of this info I mean the normal
> validation
> > methods. I repeat and the important point is that all the 4 fields i have
> > contains the same name so how do i do that in an xml. I know that it can
> be
> > done inside valiadtion() method. I thought so much but it looks
> impossible
> > for me to do in validation.xml file using validators.
>
> But in action is just one field? eg. private List<String> values? So
> the field name is values and you can use expression validator to have
> at least to fields filled:
>
>         <field name="values">
>                 <field-validator type="fieldexpression">
>                         <param name="expression">(values.size > 1)</param>
>                         <message><![CDATA[ at least two values are
> required ]]></message>
>                 </field-validator>
>         </field>
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Thanks And Regards,
*Muralidhar Yaragalla.
*

Re: How to validate multiple fields with the same name

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thanks for this.But i am aware of this info I mean the normal validation
methods. I repeat and the important point is that all the 4 fields i have
contains the same name so how do i do that in an xml. I know that it can be
done inside valiadtion() method. I thought so much but it looks impossible
for me to do in validation.xml file using validators.

--
Thanks And Regards,
*Muralidhar Yaragalla.

Re: How to validate multiple fields with the same name

Posted by Pranava Swaroop <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Warm Regards
Pranava S Balugari

"Keep Looking Don't Settle"

Re: How to validate multiple fields with the same name

Posted by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks And Regards,
*Muralidhar Yaragalla.

Re: How to validate multiple fields with the same name

Posted by Pranava Swaroop <st...@gmail.com>.

--
Keep looking Don't Settle