Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com> on 2003/02/01 07:29:36 UTC

JDepend and attribute parsing

Mike,

I've just made some mods to make JDepend show us (Maven -
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven)  the source file that a
particular class comes from.

(This is in order to let us link from the jdepend report to our source
code xref. Inner classes need to link to the actual file they are from).

I'd really like these changes to be amalgamated back into JDepend rather
than us maintaining patches to your tree.

Essentially the changes boil down to the following:

new attribute on JavaClass - sourceFile

JavaClassFileParser now reads and processes attributes.  Has special
case handling for SourceFile attribute as per VM Spec 4.7.7

xmlui.JDepend now display classes as

<Class sourceFile="Bob.java">BobsInnerClass</Class>

If you have any questions etc let me know.

Thanks (and thanks for making & maintaining JDepend)

Ben