Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Douglas WF Acheson <do...@bpsserver.com> on 2006/05/03 14:56:16 UTC

Issues downloading from repos

Hello,

  Being new to Maven2 I am not sure if this is really an issue.  I am
having problems when downloading plugins and dependencies from various
repos (ibiblio, codehause, repo1).  It takes forever to download either
the pom or the jar files.  And quite often if fails.

  When it fails, I have to start the process over again. And it may
download the required artifact or it may not.  To do a compile, I will
have run the maven goal quite a few times before it actually does the
compile.

  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Douglas WF Acheson

Re: Issues downloading from repos

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Another thing you should try is to use Maven Proxy if you are planning
that more than one people are going to use Maven in your corporation.

Also, you can modify the repository updatePolicy in the settings.xml
file to change Maven's online behaviour.

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Kees de Kooter <kd...@gmail.com>.