Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Manoj Babu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/21 09:40:55 UTC

extracting lzo compressed files

Hi,

Is there any option to extract  the lzo compressed file in HDFS from
command line and any option to find the original size of the compressed
file.

Thanks in Advance!

Cheers!
Manoj.

Re: extracting lzo compressed files

Posted by Manoj Babu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

By using lzop -l can able to get the  compressed  uncompr size in local fs.
Is there any way to do the same for files in HDFS?

$:~> lzop -l input/part-00008.lzo
method      compressed  uncompr. ratio uncompressed_name
LZO1X-1      40955533 497723469   8.2% input/part-00008

Cheers!
Manoj.

Posted by Manoj Babu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,