Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Luiz Fernando Teston <fe...@caravelatech.com> on 2009/12/01 18:07:43 UTC

looking for versioning and branching documentation or tests

Fellows,

Is there any documentation, website or test showing few examples about
versioning? I'm already using versioning on some parts of the software I'm
working on, but now I need to do some branching behavior, and I didn't find
any good material showing this.

Best regards,

Fernando Teston

Re: looking for versioning and branching documentation or tests

Posted by Robin Batra <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Toby,

I am trying to implement the merging thing and since you have mentioned that
if a V1.3 and V1.2.1 are merged it would result in V1.4, is it right to
assume here that the node.merge() is called on V1.3 and not on 1.2.1. Also
am i right in saying that if i try to call a merge() on V1.3 i would be
getting a conflict?

I tried the same thing at my end. When i try to merge V1.3 and V1.2.1 (using
the names as per your example) i get a conflicting result. The Node Iterator
returned by merge() function contains the Node of V1.3 and has the
jcr:mergeFailed property set to V1.2.1's UUID.

I call node.doneMerge(V1.2.1) after that to mark the two versions as merged.
At this point if i check the jcr:mergeFailed property, i get a "Path does
not exist" Exception (due to which i assume that the property has been
cleared and the Nodes have been marked as merged) but when i call the
merge() on V1.3' Node i again get a Conflicting result.

Am i missing something?? If you could provide any input it would be great

--
Regards

Robin Batra

Re: looking for versioning and branching documentation or tests

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@day.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Luiz Fernando Teston <fe...@caravelatech.com>.