Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/07/14 14:59:12 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Kick out all committers who haven't turned in a CLA and boot all code which was contributed by such members in 2 weeks

At one time you could promise to turn it in and fail to.  Now I don't ask
that your account be created until you do.  If your name is in italics then
you're cool.  If its not and you did turn it in, you and Jim need to talk.
It looks like Jim has not run his script since you were added.

No need to worry Tetsuya, this is a bit of house cleaning that needed to be
done some time ago.  I nagged and nagged and now its come to a head.  The
vote is a formality.  The board will likely next to happily kick out anyone
who has been nagged on this issue.

I'm not TRYING to be nasty, its just time to see this taken care of.  I'm
99% sure Jim mentioned he'd received your CLA.  Please double Check.

Jim,

Would you be willing to update your page generated by your script?

Thanks,

Andy

On 7/13/03 7:02 PM, "Tetsuya Kitahata" <te...@apache.org> wrote:

> I am not sure what you want to mean. AFAIK, all the committer (who have
> apache.org account) must sign the agreement *when* they become apache
> committer... Right??
> Are there anyone who did not sign to the committer agreement and became
> committer here in Jakarta-Poi??
>
> I'll vote after my question above is answered.
>
> As far as http://www.apache.org/~jim/committers.html is concerned,
> cron did not work well, it seems.
>
> As for me, i faxed the agreement to the ASF.
> (http://incubator.apache.org/forms/ASF_Contributor_License_2_form.pdf)
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

> On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:00:13 -0400
> "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I propose that in order to protect the POI project, all committers who have
>> not signed a committer agreement
>> (http://jakarta.apache.org/site/agreement.html or
>> http://incubator.apache.org/forms/ASF_Contributor_License_2_form.pdf) and
>> returned it within 2 weeks from the date the vote passes (we'll give the
>> vote until 1:00 EST Tuesday):
>>
>> 1. All have their commit access revoked
>> 2. Have any codebase they have written removed from CVS.
>>
>> Note that I've given not one but TWO final warnings.  As far as I know this
>> shouldn't apply to anyone.  You can see if this is incorrect here (find your
>> own name):
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/~jim/committers.html
>>
>> I don't care to endanger the project for the lazy.  If you HAVE returned it,
>> you NEED to contact jim j and figure out what happened.  I'll contact him on
>> Marc Johnson's behalf, whom I KNOW sent it in.
>>
>> -Andy

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?