Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steve Molloy <sm...@opentext.com> on 2015/12/08 21:44:45 UTC

Solr resource usage estimation

Just sharing a crude component to attempt disk and RAM estimation for Solr. I know I'm asked often and usually cannot come up with an answer that is useful... So, I know there was an excel sheet attempting this, I actually used some of it for the logic. But I think it was not very straight forward to use. So the component bases its estimates on current usage and adjusts by a ratio based on current number of documents vs target number of documents.

Details in SOLR-8393.

Steve