Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Luke Venediger <lu...@lukev.net> on 2010/08/26 17:22:27 UTC

Getting facets for a field from within a SearchComponent

Hi Folks,

I'm writing my first SearchComponent to do custom calculations on search
results. Is it possible to get the facet values for a field from within a
SearchComponent? I've thought of adapting the StatsComponent and
FieldFacetStats classes to try and accomplish this. But before I try that,
is there an API call I could make instead?

Thanks,

Luke

Re: Getting facets for a field from within a SearchComponent

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I'm writing my first SearchComponent to do custom calculations on search
: results. Is it possible to get the facet values for a field from within a
: SearchComponent? I've thought of adapting the StatsComponent and
: FieldFacetStats classes to try and accomplish this. But before I try that,
: is there an API call I could make instead?

1) if you configure your component to run after the FacetComponent, then
the result will already have the facet values available for you access.

2) the faceting code is the StatsComponent makes a lot of bad assumptions,
so it has some known bugs -- i would not recomend borrowing that code.

-Hoss

--
http://lucenerevolution.org/  ...  October 7-8, Boston
http://bit.ly/stump-hoss      ...  Stump The Chump!