Posted to users@maven.apache.org by An...@nokia.com on 2004/03/02 09:15:43 UTC

RE: copy all jars/deps of sub-projects with

Hi,

> Jens Zastrow wrote:
> >		<j:forEach var="x" items="${reactorProjects}">
> >
> >      		<ant:echo message="${x}"/>
> >
> >			<deploy:copy-deps
> todir="${maven.build.dir}" projectDescriptor="${x}"/>
> >
> >    		</j:forEach>

everytime I read something like this on this list, I wonder how you can know that this es even possible. Where do I have to look to find out, that there is a property defined "reactorProjects" and that a getFile() assumingly gets the project file (as a java File object, as String, ... ?)

Do you all read the jelly scripts for all the plugins to learn what is possible? I started doing that, but I wonder if there is a better way.

Thanks,
 _         __      _  _
//\ndreas.[|-bbert(a)[|\|okia.com
           `-
   Andreas Ebbert
   Software Design Engineer - Nokia Networks OSS
   phone: +49-177-9413928, fax: +49-211-94123988
   Heltorfer Straße 1, 40472 Düsseldorf, Germany

This message is confidential. If you have received this message in error,
please delete it from your system. You should not copy it for any purpose,
or disclose its contents to any other person. Internet communications are
not secure and therefore Nokia GmbH does not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public
network. Thank you.
Nokia GmbH, Nokia Networks is a German Company. Further information
about the Company is available from its principal offices at
Heltorferstrasse 1, D-40472, Düsseldorf, Germany and from the
website at http://www.nokia.com/

RE: copy all jars/deps of sub-projects with

Posted by Gilles Dodinet <rh...@free.fr>.
> > <deploy:copy-deps todir="${maven.build.dir}"
> > projectDescriptor="${x.getFile()}"/>
>
> everytime I read something like this on this list, I wonder how you can know
> that this es even possible. Where do I have to look to find out, that there
> is a property defined "reactorProjects" and that a getFile() assumingly gets
> the project file (as a java File object, as String, ... ?)
>
> Do you all read the jelly scripts for all the plugins to learn what is
> possible? I started doing that, but I wonder if there is a better way.

indeed thats what i do.. reading the ReactorTag source (or the numerous examples
available out there) you can know that if postProcessing is set to true in
maven:reactor a variable named reactorProjects is set in the context
(http://maven.apache.org/xref/org/apache/maven/jelly/tags/maven/ReactorTag.html#335).
reading the deploy plugin you can see that deploy:copy-deps passes the
projectDescriptor var to the maven:pom tag
(maven_home_local/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin-1.1/plugin.jelly#140) ; also
maven:pom accepts a file as parameter
(http://maven.apache.org/tags.html#maven:reactor) and Project has a property of
type File
(http://maven.apache.org/xref/org/apache/maven/project/Project.html#194) so you
can jump quickly on the conclusion.. as you can see pretty much of the needed
information is available online.

ive described here the path i personnally take to discover that. that might seem
to be a bit complicate, however it needs much less time than writing this mail
(about 1 or 2 minutes), then 1 minute to test (creating a simple project
structure for that purpose) the assumptions that have been made (for instance
testing that the File property has been correctly set and is available).

last, im not sure to really understand what you mean by "read the jelly scripts
for all the plugins". i dont think that reading all the plugins are actually
quite good (assuming is would make sense to read them *all*), instead i prefer
to lazyread them. you can know which plugins are available and what they
globally do by looking at the plugin doc, that should be enough..

comments about the "process" described here are welcome. please forgive me if
replied a bit out of topic.

regards,

-- gd

Re: copy all jars/deps of sub-projects with

Posted by Heiko Kundlacz <he...@qnamic.com>.
Andreas,

you are right. I am also checking always the plugins to see what is
possible within maven and jelly. Sometimes I gave the tip to check some
plugins to know what is going on. I think, there will be a growing
documentation and the plugins will go better and much more configurable.
It makes sense that this userlist is full of postings.

A good start would be .... HowTos.

Heiko

Andreas.Ebbert@nokia.com wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>Jens Zastrow wrote:
>>

>>>		<j:forEach var="x" items="${reactorProjects}">
>>>
>>>     		<ant:echo message="${x}"/>
>>>
>>>			<deploy:copy-deps
>>>

>>todir="${maven.build.dir}" projectDescriptor="${x}"/>
>>

>>>   		</j:forEach>

Heiko Kundlacz   | MailTo:   heiko.kundlacz@qnamic.com
Qnamic AG        | Tel:      +41 62 209 7056
Fabrikstr. 10    | Natel:    +41 78 861 4006
4614 Haegendorf  | Fax:      +41 62 209 7044
Switzerland      | Homepage: http://www.qnamic.com