Posted to dev@hivemall.apache.org by Makoto Yui <my...@apache.org> on 2018/11/19 10:33:35 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.2 Release Candidate #2

Hi all,

Apache Hivmeall 0.5.2 release candidate #2 is now available for a vote
within dev community. I fixed deprecated signature issues failed in
the rc1 vote.

Links to various release artifacts are given below. Please review and
cast your vote.

    - The source tarball, including signatures, digests, ChangeLog, etc.:
      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.5.2-incubating-rc2/
    - Sources for the release:
      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.5.2-incubating-rc2/hivemall-0.5.2-incubating-source-release.zip
      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.5.2-incubating-rc2/hivemall-0.5.2-incubating-source-release.zip.asc
(PGP Signature)
      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.5.2-incubating-rc2/hivemall-0.5.2-incubating-source-release.zip.sha512
    - Git tag for the release:
      https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hivemall.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/v0.5.2-rc2
    - The Nexus Staging URL:
      https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehivemall-1005/
    - KEYS file for verification:
      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/KEYS
    - For information about the contents of this release, see:
      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hivemall/0.5.2-incubating-rc2/ChangeLog.html

Find Podling releases policies in
    https://incubator.apache.org/policy/incubation.html#releases
    http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html

Artifacts verification how-to can be found in
    http://hivemall.incubator.apache.org/verify_artifacts.html

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours and until necessary number
of votes are reached.

At lease three +1 from PPMC members are required and we welcome your vote!

[ ] +1  approve (Release this package as Apache Hivemall 0.5.2-incubating)
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1 (binding).

Regards,
Makoto

--
Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
Principal Engineer, Arm Treasure Data.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.2 Release Candidate #2

Posted by Takuya Kitazawa <ta...@apache.org>.
+1,

Confirmed that I can successfully build and install to Hive on my laptop,
MacBook Pro with macOS High Sierra.

Posted by Takeshi Yamamuro <li...@gmail.com>.

--
---
Takeshi Yamamuro

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.2 Release Candidate #2

Posted by Makoto Yui <my...@apache.org>.
Thanks all for cooperation!

Posted by Kai Sasaki <sa...@treasure-data.com>.
+1

I confirmed 0.5.2 rc2 works fine in EMR environment.

- Build passed in my local machine (macOS High Sierra, Java "1.8.0_172")
- Unit test passed
- Check feature transformation UDFs
  - Feature Scaling
  - Feature Hashing