Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/03 01:04:12 UTC

Re: 5 minute guide - Incorrect documentation/documentation improvement?

> Since that is now deprecated in favour of archetype:generate, should
> the documentation be updated to use the non deprecated project
> creation method?

All Maven bugs, including those in documentation, go in JIRA...

Wayne

Re: Re: 5 minute guide - Incorrect documentation/documentation improvement?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 5:17 PM,  <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> <snip>
>
>> Whats the JIRA ticket number?
>
> Ah sorry it's MNG-4164. I haven't created the patch yet (trying to keep the
> wording small/simple as).
>
> Cheers,
> Martijn

Thanks,
I wanted the issue so I could watch it and maybe commit it when it gets done.

Re: Re: 5 minute guide - Incorrect documentation/documentation improvement?

Posted by ma...@gmail.com.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Verburg <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benjamin,

>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html
>> [...]
>> 1.)  I was unable to find in SVN where this file lives, any pointers?
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/site/trunk/src/site/apt/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.apt

Ah thanks, I'd checked out the maven-components, didn't think to check
site <smacks head>.

>> 2.)  I was unable to assign the JIRA to myself, I assume there are
>> some restrictions in place there?
>
> Right, JIRAs are assigned by committers. But this doesn't prevent you from
> attaching patches to the JIRA, so happy patching ;-)

Cool, will do!

Thanks again,
Martijn

Re: 5 minute guide - Incorrect documentation/documentation improvement?

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Martijn Verburg wrote:

> http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html
> [...]
> 1.)  I was unable to find in SVN where this file lives, any pointers?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/site/trunk/src/site/apt/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.apt

> 2.)  I was unable to assign the JIRA to myself, I assume there are
> some restrictions in place there?

Right, JIRAs are assigned by committers. But this doesn't prevent you
from attaching patches to the JIRA, so happy patching ;-)

Benjamin

Re: 5 minute guide - Incorrect documentation/documentation improvement?

Posted by Martijn Verburg <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Hopefully this isn't too much of a stupid question :).  I'm attempting
to make a documentation patch for the document located at:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html

I've created the JIRA etc, but I have a couple of questions:

Posted by Martijn Verburg <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yeah I'm already poking about the ear plugin code so I'll see if I can
find the svn for the main site and make a doc patch.

Sent while on the move

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martijn Verburg <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yep aware of that, just wanted opinion so on whether it was a bug or
my misunderstanding. I'll Jira it :)

Sent while on the move