Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by James G Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu> on 2000/04/05 20:32:57 UTC

Re: please help!!!! (server crashed)

matt <ma...@lghtspd.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>  I need help, I am setting up a web database and here's what i'm using
>
>   OS: FreeBSD
>   Webserver : Apache 1.3
>   Database : MySQL
>   Modules : mod_perl
>   PerlModules: apache:DBI apache:registry apache:eperl
>
>   I nearly had the database completely up and I was testing it,  but then I
>   did a submit to an iphtml file, which just hung there.  I telneted to the
>server and it was hanging to.  I went over to the actuall server and it was
>doing an automatic reboot.  the server froze in reboot mode and the screen
>was showing numerous page faults.
>
>could anyone give me any reason why this would happen?

Not sure exactly, but I know I had problems with the OpenBSD 2.6 port of MySQL
wanting to build the threaded client libraries, which can cause Apache to hang
if it doesn't get requests quickly enough.  Probably not the problem, but
something that can be quickly checked to make sure.
--
James Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu>, 979-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix

Re: please help!!!! (server crashed)

Posted by George Lewis <sc...@schvin.net>.
James G Smith (JGSmith@TAMU.Edu) wrote:
> matt <ma...@lghtspd.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >  I need help, I am setting up a web database and here's what i'm using
> >
> >   OS: FreeBSD
> >   Webserver : Apache 1.3
> >   Database : MySQL
> >   Modules : mod_perl
> >   PerlModules: apache:DBI apache:registry apache:eperl
> >
> >   I nearly had the database completely up and I was testing it,  but then I
> >   did a submit to an iphtml file, which just hung there.  I telneted to the
> >server and it was hanging to.  I went over to the actuall server and it was
> >doing an automatic reboot.  the server froze in reboot mode and the screen
> >was showing numerous page faults.
> >
> >could anyone give me any reason why this would happen?
>
> Not sure exactly, but I know I had problems with the OpenBSD 2.6 port of MySQL
> wanting to build the threaded client libraries, which can cause Apache to hang
> if it doesn't get requests quickly enough.  Probably not the problem, but
> something that can be quickly checked to make sure.
> --
> James Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu>, 979-862-3725
> Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix

Is your hardware veteran at all? I.e. how long has it been in use?
Perhaps you have a memory issue or something that FreeBSD is unhappy
about? What release of FreeBSD?

George

--
George Lewis