Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Daniel Florey <da...@web.de> on 2004/10/09 13:28:20 UTC

Javadoc plugin problems

Hi folks,
I've added a component (i18n) to the commons sandbox and am using Maven for
the first time.
Everything worked fine as I used a working template from another component
(transactions). Everything, but...
I don't get managed to create the javadocs. As no one on the commons list
could help me I now try this list.
I don't know much about Maven and so I don't want to post a bug report
before making sure that the fault is not me.
As far as I've seen everything works fine (jar get created, site gets also
created) but the javadoc plugin is not able to find the sources. I've
upgraded my Maven to javadoc plugin 1.7 as I've found some similar bug
report, but this didn't help much. Still no javadocs.
Can anyone have a short look at this problem? Would be really great as I
don't have a clue how to proceed.
You can find the project in the jakarta-commons-sandbox repository, folder
i18n.
Many thanks...
BTW: In another component that I prepare for sandbox Maven creates the
javadocs but leaves out the root directory of my package. Very strange...

Thanks+regards,
Daniel

RE: AW: Javadoc plugin problems

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
That's right Brett,

	The javadoc package doesn't need the final '.*' because it is automatically appended.
	The package defined in the POM of the sandbox-build is erroneous.

	<package>org.apache.commons.${pom.artifactId.substring(8)}.*</package>
	Must be replaced by :
	<package>org.apache.commons.${pom.artifactId.substring(8)}</package>

Arnaud

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
That's right Brett,

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.