Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> on 2012/02/17 11:14:28 UTC

2.5-fixes offline build test breaks in tools/javato, tools/wadlto, services/wsn/wsn-core

I've checked in fixes for broken tests when run offline in tools/javato
and services/wsn/wsn-core. The former needed swaref.xsd for the
http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd namespace, while the latter
needed addressing.xsd for the http://www.w3.org/2006/03/addressing
namespace.

In both cases I used the jax-ws-catalog.xml in test/resources/META-INF,
which fixes the tests for offline use but doesn't help out if users try
to do the same thing offline. Should we move these files across to
src/resources/META-INF instead, so that the files will also be found
anytime the tools are run? I don't want to do this without checking in
case it has undesirable side-effects.

I haven't been able to track down the problem with tools/wadlto
org.apache.cxf.tools.wadlto.jaxrs.JAXRSContainerTest, since it's buried
within a layer of sun classes in the call to
SourceGenerator.createCodeModel(), so I'll create a Jira for that.

  - Dennis

--

Dennis M. Sosnoski
Java SOA and Web Services Consulting <http://www.sosnoski.com/consult.html>

Re: 2.5-fixes offline build test breaks in tools/javato, tools/wadlto, services/wsn/wsn-core

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday, February 17, 2012 11:14:28 PM Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> I've checked in fixes for broken tests when run offline in tools/javato
> and services/wsn/wsn-core. The former needed swaref.xsd for the
> http://ws-i.org/profiles/basic/1.1/xsd namespace, while the latter
> needed addressing.xsd for the http://www.w3.org/2006/03/addressing
> namespace.
>
> In both cases I used the jax-ws-catalog.xml in test/resources/META-INF,
> which fixes the tests for offline use but doesn't help out if users try
> to do the same thing offline. Should we move these files across to
> src/resources/META-INF instead, so that the files will also be found
> anytime the tools are run? I don't want to do this without checking in
> case it has undesirable side-effects.

The problem with doing that is that there then would not be a reliable way to
UNDO it from a users perspective.   If they have their own modified copies of
anything in the catalog, they would have a tough time slotting them in.
Also, there are legitimate reasons why someone may want to use the online
versions.

In general, I prefer the "use the official online versions" by default, but
allow the users to redirect that if/as needed.

That said, our builds should fall into the "as needed" so getting that fixed
was great.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp