Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by hadi <md...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/19 07:53:50 UTC

add thumnail image for search result

I want to know how can i add thumbnail image for my files when i am indexing
files with solrj?
thanks

RE: add thumnail image for search result

Posted by "Jaeger, Jay - DOT" <Ja...@dot.wi.gov>.
It won't do it for you automatically.  I suppose you might create the thumbnail image beforehand, Base64 encode it, and add it as a stored, non-indexed, binary field (see schema: solr.BinaryField) when you index the document.

JRJ

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.
Hadi,

I do not think solr or solrj does this.
are your document HTML documents? I would look in the crawler resources but I note that rendering is a rather server-unfriendly task and it bears some security risk if the documents are not fully trusted.

In i2geo.net, we finally gave up on automated rendering, we allowed the users to upload a snapshot; this gives thumbnails that focus on the relevant things instead of a global picture of the initial situation (which, with learning resources, is often close to a blank page).

paul