Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by mattison chao <ma...@gmail.com> on 2023/11/17 03:11:05 UTC

[DISCUSS] Introducing Apache Pulsar Office Hour Meetings

Dear Apache Pulsar Community,

I hope you are doing well. As our community continues to grow, we want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to actively participate and benefit from the collective knowledge and experience within the Apache Pulsar ecosystem. To achieve this, I discussed with some contributors, and we want to introduce a new initiative: Apache Pulsar Office Hour Meetings.

What are Apache Pulsar Office Hour Meetings?

Apache Pulsar Office Hour Meetings are informal gatherings where both developers and users can come together to discuss various aspects of Apache Pulsar. Unlike our traditional community meetings, which tend to be more developer-focused, these office hours are designed to cater to the broader community, including users, enthusiasts, and those who are just starting their journey with Apache Pulsar.

Why Office Hours?

We've noticed that our community meetings have primarily attracted developers, and we want to ensure that we address the needs and questions of our diverse user base. The office hour format allows for a more open and user-friendly discussion, allowing users to share their experiences, ask questions, and learn from one another.

What to Expect?

During these office hours, we encourage participants to bring their questions, share use cases, and discuss any challenges they might face with Apache Pulsar. We aim to foster a collaborative environment where seasoned users and newcomers feel comfortable engaging with the community. We believe that this format will help us bridge the gap between developers and users, creating a more inclusive and vibrant community.

When?

We plan to integrate Apache Pulsar Office Hour Meetings into our existing community meeting schedule. This way, we can maximise participation and ensure that everyone has the opportunity to join the conversation. The office hours will parallel the community meeting, allowing both groups to benefit from shared insights.

Please leave your valuable comments and suggestions.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Mattison

Re: [DISCUSS] Introducing Apache Pulsar Office Hour Meetings

Posted by mattison chao <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Penghui

> It's better to share the information on the Pulsar Slack channel and
> user mailing list since the meeting is focused on users.

Yes, you are right. I’ll share the discussion link in Slack also.

Best,
Mattison

Posted by qiaoao <qi...@foxmail.com>.
hi guys,

 I’ m new in this community, but i’d like to volunteer to host the meeting if need.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by mattison chao <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, folks.

Posted by mattison chao <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, guys.

Posted by mattison chao <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Enrico

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi Mattison,

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
I think it's a wonderful idea.

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
 I believe Mattisson wanted some feedback/suggestion before proceeding to
the announcement to the users via Slack and website

Posted by Julien Jakubowski <ju...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.