Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "DiMaggio, Len" <ld...@rational.com> on 2001/04/09 02:38:49 UTC

Problems building mod_jk on Solaris 2.8

'Evening everyone,

   I'm guessing that someone's already answered this question, but I
couldn't find it in the archives...

   We're having problems building mod_jk on Solaris 2.8 (with gcc). I did
find a message in the archives that referenced these config variable errors:

my $CFG_LD_SHLIB      = q();          # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = q( ); # substituted via Makefile.tmpl

should have been:

my $CFG_LD_SHLIB      = q(gcc);          # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = q( -G); # substituted via Makefile.tmpl

   We made these changes, and mod_jk built (via apxs) cleanly, but when we
try to start Apache (1.3.17) with the module, we're seeing this error:

Syntax error on line 8 of /var/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto:
API module structure `jk_module' in file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

   Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem?

Thanks!,
Len DiMaggio
ldimaggio@rational.com