Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/02 10:40:18 UTC

1.3 status

I was looking at the looking at 1.3 status this morning and I have a
few questions:

@Ethan - can we close ESME-328 "Rewrite the comet timeline"?

@Vladimir is "ESME-332 "There are still some problems with SBT tests"
still valid after the SBT upgrade?

@Vladimir can we close "ESME-321 Get rid of deprecated methods"? I
wasn't sure how many deprecated methods will still present.

D.

Re: 1.3 status

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think if the enabled parameter isn't provided then it should remain
as currently set. Using "openOr true" will result in disabled actions
being enabled if the parameter isn't provided, so not quite right but
on the right track I think.

I'll check out the IE9 issue on Windows 7 32-bit when I get to work
today. Hopefully it is still a non-issue :-)

Cheers,
Ethan

Re: 1.3 status

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.3 status

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <le...@gmail.com>.
I have Win7 x64 as a secondary OS, but I use Fedora to work with development
tasks.

I remembered that I found this issue on Stax. So I've just tested it again
and it's not reproduced. I have no idea why it hadn't worked before - either
IE was updated or it were some local problems...

I'll change status of this issue to 'Cannot reproduce'.

Vladimir

--
Best Regards,
Vladimir Ivanov

Re: 1.3 status

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.3 status

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <le...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ethan,

--
Best Regards,
Vladimir Ivanov

Re: 1.3 status

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.3 status

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.3 status

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dick,

Re: 1.3 status

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Richard,

ESME-332 is still valid - I can't get stable test results after upgading
either.

ESME-321: all mentioned warnings are present I guess. I think it's easy to
replace deprecated Log with Loggable trait. As far as I remeber Vassil wrote
that warning related to Either.merge() usage should gone anyway. Deprecated
List.sort() had been replaced with SeqLike.sortWith() but one test failed
(due to incorrect implementation) afterwards, so I didn't commit it - it
would be better if Vassil fix this test by himself. Warning related to case
class with subclasses should take additional consideration. Therefore I
think this issue should remain open.

Vladimir

--
Best Regards,
Vladimir Ivanov

Re: 1.3 status

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vassil!

1. Yes, I noted implicit def afterwards and was going to remove
explicit instantiation but hasn't been able to so due to high workload.
2. Sounds reasonable, especially if you say that FetchFeed class itself
isn't used in app (except for pattern mathcing).

Thanks for improvements! Wish you and your family good weekend too!

P.S. Hmm... I tested RSS feed acton right after my changes and it worked for
me. I'll try to update and test it again.

Vladimir

--
Best Regards,
Vladimir Ivanov

Re: 1.3 status

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <le...@gmail.com>.
Vassil,

I've just updated and tested RSS feed action with:

Test=every 1 mins
Action=rss:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?pid=12310850&reporterSelect=specificuser&reporter=esjewett&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC&tempMax=1000

Fetching feeds seems work for me.

--
Best Regards,
Vladimir Ivanov