Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Joshua J. Kugler" <jo...@azariah.com> on 2011/09/30 21:22:37 UTC

OT: space requirements for full text index of a repo?

Howdy!  So I was giving SVN Searcher a try, and had it running its Index
on my 25,000-ish revision 25GB repository.  Well, it filled up an entire
500GB partition I had dedicated to the task (after filling up smaller
partitions, I created a dedicated 500GB partition).  Does this sound
normal?  Is there anyone that uses either SVN Searcher or OpenGrok that
could comment on expected index sizes?

Thanks!

Joshua J. Kugler - Fairbanks, Alaska
Azariah Enterprises - Programming and Website Design
joshua@azariah.com - Jabber: pedahzur@gmail.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x73B13B6A