Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by ha...@informatiefabriek.nl on 2002/04/16 09:43:04 UTC

How to skip elements

Hi all,

I would like to parse a message, but leave some elements untouched:

This is my XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MESSAGE TYPE="start" VERSION="0.1">
    <HEADER>
        <SENDER>jobcontroller</SENDER>
        <RECEIVER>[1006513692672]</RECEIVER>
    </HEADER>
    <BODY>
        <FROM>harm@informatiefabriek.nl</FROM>
        <TO>harm@informatiefabriek.nl</TO>
        <SUBJECT>Simple mail example</SUBJECT>
        <MESSAGE-BODY>
        This is a simple e-mail message,

        Greetings, from Holland!
        </MESSAGE-BODY>
    </BODY>
</MESSAGE>

I'm parsing this using the SAX parser. I would like to end up with a
dataobject like this:

myDataObject.sender = "jobcontroller"
myDataObject.receiver = "[1006513692672]"
myDataObject.body =
"<FROM>harm@informatiefabriek.nl</FROM><TO>harm@informatiefabriek.nl</TO><SUBJECT>Simple
mail example</SUBJECT><MESSAGE-BODY>This is a simple e-mail
message,Greetings, from Holland!</MESSAGE-BODY>"

So I don't want to parse the elements inside the <body> tag. I just want
to take the literal string inside <body> tags, including the xml-tag that
occur inside the <body> tag.
Is there some way to accomplish this?

Many Thanks,

Harm de Laat