Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Theresa Sowinski <re...@burgessgroup.com> on 2020/07/01 16:55:07 UTC

User License Agreement - Kafka v.2.4.0

May I please get a copy of the user license?  I am trying to determine whether your license is permissive or restrictive.

Thank you,
Reese

Theresa 'Reese' Sowinski
Contracts Manager
Burgess
800-637-2004
burgessgroup.com<http://www.burgessgroup.com/>
Note: The information, including any attachments, contained in this message is confidential and intended only for use by the individual(s) or entity(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient or if you have received this message in error, please promptly delete this message. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. Burgess, The B logo, Burgess Source, and Payment Accountability are trademarks of The Burgess Group, LLC and are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Re: User License Agreement - Kafka v.2.4.0

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Apache Kafka has both Apache 2.0 licence (a fine text at the bottom of
Kafka website), and Confluent licence (From Confluent.io).

Depending on what you use, you can get it from the appropriate site.

I hope this helps ?

Regards,

Posted by John-Taylor Smith <js...@confluent.io>.
Hello Reese,
Apache Kafka is licensed under the Apache License 2.0. You can find that
here: https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

JT

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 1:10 PM Theresa Sowinski <