Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Jonathan M. Hollin" <ne...@digital-word.com> on 2002/02/22 00:35:18 UTC

[OT] New mod_perl logo (revisited)

I apologise in advance to those of you who receive multiple copies of
this email due to my cross-posting.

Due to the instability of its previous host, I have moved the mod_perl
logo entries to my new Linux box (my apologies to those who were unable
to review the images previously due to the inordinate down-time).

The images are now available at
http://beverley2.digital-word.com/mod_perl/

Also, I have now added html pages to each directory with the images
displayed inline - thanks to Stas Bekman (stas[at]stason.org) who
contributed his "ls2html" Perl script for that purpose.

I am still soliciting entries for the new logo (send to
mod_perl[at]digital-word.com)... so please keep those images coming.

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator
West Yorkshire Perl User Group
http://wypug.pm.org/

Re: [OT] New mod_perl logo (revisited)

Posted by clayton cottingham <dr...@telus.net>.
"Jonathan M. Hollin" wrote:

> I apologise in advance to those of you who receive multiple copies of
> this email due to my cross-posting.
>
> Due to the instability of its previous host, I have moved the mod_perl
> logo entries to my new Linux box (my apologies to those who were unable
> to review the images previously due to the inordinate down-time).
>
> The images are now available at
> http://beverley2.digital-word.com/mod_perl/
>
> Also, I have now added html pages to each directory with the images
> displayed inline - thanks to Stas Bekman (stas[at]stason.org) who
> contributed his "ls2html" Perl script for that purpose.
>
> I am still soliciting entries for the new logo (send to
> mod_perl[at]digital-word.com)... so please keep those images coming.
>
> Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator
> West Yorkshire Perl User Group
> http://wypug.pm.org/

personally id have to say i like this one the best
louise_bramald_1.jpg

id love to see it with the camel a bit bigger

Re: [OT] New mod_perl logo (revisited)

Posted by "Andreas J. Koenig" <an...@anima.de>.

  > Andreas, all the logos from the first contest are in the competition.

<blush> Sorry I missed it. Thanks for bearing with me.

--
andreas

Re: [OT] New mod_perl logo (revisited)

Posted by "Andreas J. Koenig" <an...@anima.de>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Andreas J. Koenig wrote:

>   > I am still soliciting entries for the new logo (send to
>   > mod_perl[at]digital-word.com)... so please keep those images coming.
>
> What about entering the old logo as a competitor as well? I think I'd
> vote for it. Or is there any reason why there must be a new logo?

Andreas, all the logos from the first contest are in the competition.

The ones we use now are there too:
http://beverley2.digital-word.com/mod_perl/logos/raul_a_ligad_1.jpg
http://beverley2.digital-word.com/mod_perl/buttons/juergen_specht.gif

On the other hand is there a deadline for this contest? Would be nice to
decide on the logo(s) before we finish the new site, which should be
very soon now.

Re: [OT] New mod_perl logo (revisited)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by "Andreas J. Koenig" <an...@anima.de>.